Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let the inspiration come...



About 4 years ago, I took a class of polymer clay with a Quebec master, Mrs Myriam Bardoul. She was bron in Brussels, Belgium and she's been in the Eastern Township for many years. Every winter, she escapes the cold and snow of Quebec to trade off for Mexico warmth where she teaches.

I was used to polymer clay but back then it was fimo for me. Plain shape, no finishing... boring would be best to discribe my work but then with Myriam, I was introduced to toner image transfer, faux finishing etc...



I was then in school full time at CEGEP du Vieux-Montreal, in Jewellery design/metal smith so my inspirations was drawn others places and I put the Fimo aside for a while.



Last summer, I got together with my good friend Elaine and we spent a whole weekend getting our hands back into polymer clay. But this time, my interest was back full force! Between good food and rosé, the inspiration was back and I was happy.



After that awesome weekend, I started to reseac the web and I got 3 absolutely awesome books that are, in my opinions, bibles for polymer clay adepts.


The first one is by Ronna Sarvas Weltman available at amazon.ca for a very reasonnable price and I love the mix with wirework. I also had the great pleasure of finding her on Facebook, not only she is a great artist but she is also very generous of her time. I bombarded her with rookie technical questions and she reply within only few hours. WOW!





The 2 other books is from Kato Polyclay Guru herself, Donna Kato http://www.donnakato.com/Site/Home.html. She is very well known since she was a regular guest on the HGTV Carol Duvall show, she published many books and she also came up with HER perfect polymer clay with the help of Van Aken.

The Art of Polymer Clay Creative Surface Effects: Techniques and Projects Featuring Transfers, Stamps, Stencils, Inks, Paints, Mediums and More is an great reference for surface effects, all very well detailed and explained. She teaches a technique of making bangleand The Art of Polymer Clay Millefiori Techniques: Projects and Inspiration for Creative Canework. I usually HATE millefiori but her work is so clean and perfect, you just can't love it. These 2 books are also available on http://www.amazon.ca/ for a very reasonnable price.



Today, I was inspired and I came up with very nice pieces...




No comments:

Post a Comment