Thursday, August 18, 2011

Getting my body back!

Temptation, lack of self-control, bad influence...

Everything I've worked so hard for since January 3 was jeopardized.  Up until June 8, 2011 at 10:45.  Even on the day of my surgery, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning, got my car washed, did a workout and went for a 45 min run around the neighborhood.  I ate as clean as a possibly could and i was ready, sporting my semi "6 pack" and my new shape, on route for the 2nd part of my overhaul. 

For the first 4 months, I quit drinking except the once a month ultimate gin or vodka & diet tonic!  The results were absolutely amazing.  Then Spring came and the time when the skirts are shorten and the legs are "growing"...  well people came out of hibernation and start going out a little bit.  I remember texting my friend Karen a Sunday early afternoon from the gym telling her I was sweating GIN!!!  But like a trooper I was there. 

The post-surgery arrived.  I was obsessed with gaining weight and loosing the definition I was so proud of.  up until this day, I am still not 100% use to my image in a mirror but temptations are back and influence...  I can be so commited for a while and then oupss...  Debauchery, drinking, partying...  That's what happen! 

I love Nikki to death.  She reminds me a lot of me when I was her age but much smarter!  So we are able to handle each other very very well in the bar scene.  In fact , we have a blast...  ANYWHERE! Anyways, to make a long story short, I had to get back on track, I'm spending a LOT of money on this competition so i have to be committed, disciplined and dedicated!  For a while, I have to stay away from temptation...  no partying, no boat (since boat and booze are hand in hand) but the good thing is I can refocus on my "stuff", work on jewelry and knit, felt etc...  Already only 6 days and I already see changes in my body back to what it was post surgery and i would say I'm about 88% back on track so it great!


No comments:

Post a Comment